Destinations and landmarks
Liuying Daitian Yuan
Daitian Yuan (Hall of the Heavenly Viceroy) is located at No. 84-2, 7th Neighborhood of Dongsheng Village and served as the seat of Daitian Syunshou (Heavenly Viceroy). The Temple was first constructed in 1969. The Temple was established around the Holy Censer of the Heavenly Viceroy which was located at San-jiaoku (in front of modern day Fonghe Junior High School) to the east of Chamuying Jhuang. The 13 households in the region took turns in caring for the censer, but as the number of households increased, responsibility in caring for the censer was divided to 3 areas instead. Turns were decided by poe divination, and this custom lasted for over three centuries until 1951 when Mr. Wang Tien-hua, then Jhuhui (Censer Holder), was put in charge by the town's elder Liou Ming-jhe to integrate the areas. Daitian Yuan
The Heavenly Viceroy enjoyed the worship of more and more devotees hailing from local villages and hamlets of Wujyunying, Ciaonan, Taikang, Huoshaodian, and Balaoye as well as Jiubu, Yuezai, Guye, Tiesianciao, Jiaodaiwei, Citongjiao, Wujiancuo, Sin-jijhuang, and Siucaijhuang of Sinying Town as well as Sialin, Tou-gang, Wucikeng, and Nanjhuzaijiao of Yanshui Township as well as Guizaigang of Lioujia Township. Public land next to Dongsheng Village boulevard was selected the the Temple grounds. A local motion was submitted for the construction of Daitian Yuan, and the site (modern location) was finalised in 1968. Generous local donors initiated a funding drive that at-tracted substantial donations from numerous devotees. Over 300 Ping (992 square meters, or 10,675 square feet) next to the boulevard was acquired. Construction started on an auspicious date and successfully completed. A bustling Temple Construc-tion Anniversary Festival is held every 3 years, making it one of the most important local folk event. This religious festival is held on the 15th Day of the 10th Month of the Lunar Calendar.